Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tortilla Soup

So I thought I'd start something new since I've been cooking so much. I'll try to post a new recipe once a week that I've either created myself or found and liked. I plan on doing this every Sunday because that's usually when I fool around in the kitchen the most.

So tonight's recipe is a favorite of the Mr. I found it in a Food Network magazine, and it's both super quick and super easy.




When I make this soup I usually use two small cans of diced green chiles, which are poblano chiles-ancho chiles are the same, but dried. Tastes the same to me, and it's a very mild chile so even I can eat it ( I hate spicy foods).

I also make my own tortillas - we have a shit-ton of corn flour because the Mr. is a Mexican food nut.

Also, fresh cilantro is best, don't use dried or else the flavor will just be blegh, and this herb really does make the soup.




Blue corn chips are good too!

~*L*~

No comments:

Post a Comment