Monday, March 22, 2010

Reading...




And laying with my baby boy trying to memorize every part of his sweet face.

He's made a part of my life so beautiful. This dog has been my friend, guardian and teacher for so long. I know when it's his time a part of me will go with him so he won't ever be alone.

Those of you who have ever lived with and loved an animal know they are more than "just a dog" or "just a cat". They're your friend, a soulmate, someone who you know you can always count on.

Dudley has always been all of those things to me and more. To lose him is going to be losing my childhood and a part of myself he helped to grow.

Even in his old age as his body is falling apart he's beautiful to me. His body is aged and creaking but he still shines.

It's the frailty of life that makes it so meaningful, so important to really live out your days with everything you have, hold nothing back and let nothing keep you back as well. Dogs know this.

I don't know how much longer he has in this life, but I am so greatful he came into mine. I wouldn't be who I am without him.



Thank you baby boy. You know I love you.

~*L*~

No comments:

Post a Comment